Operations Consultant – Managed Services Operations, NAC– Mexico City, Polanco.
IT/Ops & Solution Support
Responsible for execution of Managed Services Operations processes to fulfill delivery obligations to clients. Ensures all client SLAs are completed on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following prioritized and categorized duties. Other duties may be assigned.
Department Goals, Strategies, and Procedures
- Follows and supports department procedures and company policies
- Understands and supports the Company, Mission, Vision and Business Attributes
- Establishes personal goals to improve personal and department performance
- Plays a role in the execution of company goals that when achieved will accumulate in the fulfillment of the Company Vision
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes business processes (e.g. service level agreements, handoff from engineering to operations, support requests)
- Monitors load and storage on processing servers.
- Implements procedures in support of data security needs related to data processing.
- Manages data processing and escalates when necessary resources are not likely to be available in time to complete processing.
- Understands and executes RAID and netCLARUS data processing and business processes. This includes (but is not limited to) activities such as:
- Monitor data feeds from customers
- Data processing and loading
- Data archiving
- Provide first level support for operations issues
- Writes scripts in Perl and bash to automate operations
- Works after work hours and weekends as needed.
Critical Operations Classification: The position is vital to WeDo technologies’ business continuity and therefore the individual may be required to participate in an on-call rotation schedule for nights/weekends in order to meet service objectives and systems availability requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with the Linux environment (preferably RHEL or CentOS) including but not limited to Network protocols and services, and UNIX programming. Experience with Perl, and shell scripting in a UNIX or Linux environment
- Exposure to relational databases with ability to write/modify basic SQL
- Self driven with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Dependable, professional demeanor
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Computer Science degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in Linux environment
- Good working relationship with employees at all level, clients and outside vendors
- Must be willing to help others and enthusiastic about work assignments.
- Adjusts to job changes and grasps new ideas in the work environment
- Handle difficulties and pressure situations with self-discipline
- Prompt and regular in attendance
- Work hours necessary to complete assignments
- Conforms to company policies
- Taking initiative in trying new ideas to solve problems
- Willing to accept additional responsibilities
- Increases knowledge though classes, seminars and continuing education
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk or drive an automobile. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.