Database Administrator @ Braga
As a Database Administrator you’ll have to perform all aspects of database administration including software evaluation and installation and database implementation. Will work to directly influence databases and work alongside developers to help improve application performance, schema design, security and user experience.
You will be working for the Northern America region and you will be based in Braga.
Among others, your main responsibilities will be:
- Administration duties of all production/development/test database environments including but not limited to MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Track down and troubleshoot database performance issues to ensure optimal performance of various applications and databases.
- Write scripts for monitoring and utility scripts.
- Automate failover and recovery, backup scripting and disaster recovery planning.
- Perform appropriate backup, restoration and upgrades of database servers.
- Provide assistance to development/design teams, with the ability to recommend best practices both in code and database design.
- Software evaluation, installation and configuration in addition to researching new tools and techniques
- Logical and physical database design.
- Structured testing of database design, applications, security, backup and recovery, capacity planning, performance and tuning.
- Development of policies, standards and procedures related to the database environment.
- Recommend configuration and licensing options which will reduce total cost of ownership of the database platform.
- Define database platform lifecycle (appropriate versions, patch levels and configurations across the enterprise).
Critical Operations Classification: The position is vital to WeDo technologies’ business continuity and therefore the individual may be required to participate after business hours on occasion for escalations and maintenance events in order to meet service objectives and systems availability requirements
Candidates with prior experience working on large-scale consumer facing websites will be highly valued
What we’re looking for
To join our company’s as a Database Administrator, YOU must HAVE:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent technical degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of hands on experience with relational database systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Previous experience designing, developing, tuning, optimizing, deploying and updating databases in high volume production environments.
- Proven experience architecting the database tier including both logical and physical database design and architectural support.
- Understand DB replication, backup, recovery, and optimization techniques.
- Understand how high volume can affect database availability and table design.
- Expertise in query optimization tools, query plan analysis, and techniques for finding inefficient queries.
- Expertise with stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Must have a strong understanding of performance optimization at query level, schema level, service level, OS level, hardware level.
- Full English proficiency
Desired but Optional Skills
- Oracle Certifications (Associate or Professional)
- Experience with partitioning techniques.
And YOU must BE:
- Willing to help others and enthusiastic about work assignments.
- Good working relationship with employees at all level, clients and outside vendors
- Adaptable to job changes and grasp new ideas in the work environment
- Able to handle difficulties and pressure situations with self-discipline
Do you want to be part of this team and do you have what it takes to be our next Database Administrator? APPLY NOW!